loading...

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Aly Borromeo: The captain has spoken "Bench Baretto Photo Gallery"

PHIL STAR:


If history played out differently, Aly Borromeo, the team captain of the Philippine Azkals, would be playing in the court as a basketball player rather than out on the field.


“I played a lot of sports growing up. I played varsity basketball, golf, and tennis. I actually asked myself a few years back that maybe I should have just chosen basketball and if I did, I could have been part of the PBA league already,” he says.


But he made the smartest decision of his life by zeroing in on football. “But I’ve also realized for the past two years that it has been a great decision and that all my hard work are paying off. My passion for football still amazes me, and I can’t believe it that sometimes I have to pinch myself. Being pioneers of this sport in our country brings such honor.”


We tracked down one of the men responsible for the reawakening of football in the country for “The Dialogue.”






PHILIPPINE STAR: What’s a normal day like for you?


Aly Borromeo: I always make sure that I get at least eight hours of sleep. I try to get up early and have breakfast. I’m a morning person. Breakfast is my favorite (meal) of the day. Without breakfast, my day just goes wrong, I feel lazy and all that. Then I run errands before I head to football practice in the afternoon. After that, I go home and hang out with my girlfriend.


No comments:

Post a Comment